Monday 2 December 2013

SACHIN Tendulkar told the media that his morning after the retirement felt peculiar.

“I woke up at 6.50am, just like any other day as a cricketer. I felt I had to take a quick shower and go play. But then, I realised I had retired. I had a relaxed breakfast with my wife and took my time replying to the well-wishing texts I got from my friends and family members,” he said as the media persons clamoured to ask him questions about his future plans. To those questions he replied, “It has hardly been 24 hours. Give me some time.”

Tendulkar said it was the perfect time to quit playing cricket as he felt his body couldn’t take the load anymore. “It has been a dream journey, no regret that I am leaving cricket. This was the right time to stop playing cricket.”

Sachin Tendulkar's wax figure at Madame Tussauds London

No comments:

Post a Comment